Health & Wellness Coaching
What is Wellness Coaching?
A wellness coach is technically defined as ‘a professional who helps people assess their current physical and emotional state, and helps them set goals for what they want to achieve in their overall wellness and health by working with them on plans of action to reach these goals’. Yes, yes, that’s what I do, but the process will be a lot less rigid and more free-flowing when you work with me. I’m here to provide guidance and support to my clients so they can be the best version of themselves.
We will work together, but you will make the self-directed, lasting changes that are aligned with your values and goals. As your health and wellness coach, I will be bringing you positive energy and showing you how to believe in yourself and believe in your capacity to make the changes you want to make. You are in the driver’s seat, but I will be cheering you on and helping guide you from the passenger’s seat. Think of it like we are going on the road trip of your life, it will be fun, respectful, rewarding, and free from judgment. Destination = your best self!
Wellness coaches are trained to help you develop and implement personal wellness plans by:
- accepting and meeting us where we are today
- inspiring and challenging us to go beyond what we would do alone
- asking us to take charge
- guiding us in doing the mindful thinking and doing work that builds confidence
- helping us define a higher purpose for wellness and uncover our natural impulse to be well
- addressing mental and physical health together
- coaching us to tap into our inherent fighting spirit
- helping us to draw a personal wellness blueprint
- helping us to set realistic S.M.A.R.T goals; small victories lay the foundation for self-efficacy
- harnessing our strengths to overcome our obstacles
- helping us see obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow
- coaching us to build a support team
The process of wellness coaching progresses through several stages:
- You provide background information through a well-being assessment so that you and your coach are well-informed on the key issues, including medical considerations
- During the first 60-90 minute coaching session, you identify your priorities and develop a personal wellness plan: vision, three month goals and the first S.M.A.R.T goals.
- In subsequent 30-40 minute coaching sessions, each week, month or quarter, you and your coach review the progress toward your vision and goals, explore and resolve the most pressing concerns, learn something new, and then agree on a set of S.M.A.R.T goals for the following week. You will enjoy plenty of ah-ha moments along the way.
- By the end of the three months, you can expect to reach more than 70% of your three-month goals and feel energized and confident to embark on new areas with or with out your coach.